Tuesday, January 17, 2023

TESTIMONIALS Every Day He Made A Decision That Mattered Exasperated By Elon Musk They Shot The

video game-focused videographer

Elon Musk made a number of controversial decisions after he was given control of Twitter in exchange for 44 billion dollars (44 billion euros). These decisions included firing nearly half of the workforce, restoring Donald Trump's Twitter account and other odious figures of the American far right, and suspending journalists. Some users have made the decision to leave the social network altogether or, at the very least, to limit their use because they are frustrated with the direction it has taken under the leadership of the richest man in the world.

While some celebrities have simply and utterly removed the network with the blue bird logo from their digital lives, others have chosen to switch to the free alternative Mastodon. They are given the opportunity by Franceinfo.

Former housing minister Cécile Duflot said of Mastodon, "On Mastodon, I find the atmosphere of Twitter in the early years." Duflot is an ecologist and currently serves as the head of the non-profit organization Oxfam France. The politician who signed up for Twitter among the first French politicians now directs her nearly 420,000 followers to her Mastodon account in her biography.

"I signed up for Twitter in November 2008, which is incredibly early. When this network was witty and second-class, and when my curiosity was constantly piqued, I can still clearly remember that time.

Unfortunately, this has changed over time, especially because there was no longer any moderation, which allowed trolls to flourish. I can attest to this because I have been the target of increasingly vicious and stupid insults due to my public persona.

This inevitably decreased the number of interactions I had on this network. As a result, I gradually got better at making decisions.

I've been persuaded by Elon Musk's demeanor ever since he took over as CEO of the business, particularly the way he fired nearly half of the staff after only being in office for a short time. "The sequence that took place before our eyes is interesting: shouldn't a tool like Twitter be managed by an organization, rather than by a billionaire who can spend 44 billion -- you have to realize the sum -- to do with it what he wants?" Cécile Duflotat franceinfoI haven't left Twitter because a lot of people I like are still there and it's important that I relay the action of Oxfam, but I have greatly reduced my use, which has become almost exclusively professional.

I signed up for Mastodon at the beginning of November, but I had already deleted the notifications from my phone, and this time I even deleted the application. After a somewhat confusing beginning, I discovered some really fascinating accounts to follow.

There, I can express myself much more freely, and I discover a place that makes me remember why so many people liked Twitter in the late 2000s. Additionally, Mastodon makes it simpler to defend oneself from situations [of communities] where hateful users congregate.

Benoît "ExServ" Reinier is a video game-focused videographer with more than 161,000 YouTube subscribers. Benoît Reinier claims that quitting Twitter extended his life expectancy by ten years. Since May 2011, he had been a registered user of Twitter, but as of December 20, he no longer uses it.

Now there are links to his other online activities on his profile, which is still active. "I had long believed that Twitter had evolved into more than just a time-consuming platform; it had also turned out to be fairly harmful.

insults are directed at you because of your position on a subject, and you must use all of your strength to'mute' [hide] messages. playing a video game.

Since the officialization of his takeover of Twitter, I have seen Elon Musk almost daily choosing to follow me on my YouTube channel or by listening to the podcasts I co-host. It was a way to free up my time to do actual work instead of wasting it doomscrolling [scrolling through a list of depressing messages], which has made me feel like I've gained ten years of life expectancy since then.

"Wolfgang Cramer, ecologist: "I told myself that staying 'was endorsed "Of German descent, Wolfgang Cramer is the director of research at the Mediterranean Institute of Biodiversity and Marine and Continental Ecology in Aix-en-Provence and a co-author of the second section of the most recent IPCC report. He completely deleted his Twitter profile, which had almost 7,000 followers.

"Even before Elon Musk arrived, I had concerns about Twitter's inherent functionality because it is completely dependent on advertising. I found it repulsive that an algorithm could sort, filter, and assign higher values to some messages than to others in order to display targeted advertising.

However, I was able to accept it because I still felt that with the help of others, I had been successful in creating communities that effectively spread messages. I wasn't outraged when Elon Musk showed up; in fact, I thought some of the reactions were hilarious. I didn't know the previous owners well, and I reminded myself that I shouldn't base my use of a service on the personality of its owner.

But I soon had a different perspective. "Very quickly, the algorithm for highlighting specific tweets whose existence on Twitter I regretted is no longer there.

We currently have a rare opportunity, in my opinion, to create a network that is genuinely decentralized, free, anti-racist, and controlled by those who operate it. I wouldn't return to Twitter, even if Elon Musk sold it.

"Mathematician Claire Mathieu: "I don't want to work as a volunteer for Elon Musk" Claire Mathieu is the director of computer science research at the CNRS within the Institute in fundamental computer science. Algorithms are another area of expertise for this mathematician.

She started using the Mastodon network at the beginning of November and is currently followed by more than 2,000 people on Twitter. Despite having signed up for Twitter in April 2015, I didn't begin to actively use it until the years 2017 and 2018.

I took part in the creation of the algorithms that underpin Parcoursup while working as a part-time project manager for the Ministry of Higher Education and Research at the time. At the time, there was a lot of discussion surrounding the topic, and I was eager to refute any incorrect technical claims I saw being made.

The prospect of exchanging goods and services with total strangers, provided they were kind, enticed me. Over the years, I have used the platform to find authorities in a variety of fields that I am interested in, including algorithms, higher education, research, the pandemic, and global warming.

Through mutual follow-ups on a monthly basis, I was able to develop a small social circle. "When Elon Musk became the company's CEO, I was horrified by his irrational and rash choices, such as when he suspended the accounts of journalists who were critical of him.

The new certification policy, which allows you to pay $8 per month to obtain the infamous blue ., which previously made it possible to identify public figures, was the final straw for me. "Claire Mathieu, mathematician at franceinfoI had already considered leaving Twitter, but that was not the last straw. Regarding this choice, I responded negatively: I refused to have the messages of those whose only merit was their ability to pay prioritized under my nose.

As a result, I made the decision to search for some friends who had also joined Mastodon, where I'm in the "observation" mode. My Twitter account hasn't been deleted, but I do my best to keep it to retweeting things that catch my attention and refrain from posting anything new.

Because every time we send a tweet, we are indirectly contributing to Twitter's growth and, by extension, to Elon Musk. I don't want to offer my services to him either.

".

Some users have made the decision to leave the social network altogether or, at the very least, to limit their use because they are frustrated with the direction it has taken under the leadership of the richest man in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment